Project Scope for The Peoples Gas Building
A Terra Cotta Cornice Restoration was Performed on a Historic Landmark in Chicago, The Peoples Gas Building.
Mueller & Associates (MA) provided façade inspection services to the building in 2009 after pieces of the façade were reported to have fallen. After extensive investigation it was discovered that steel columns extending up through the parapet wall and supporting 6-foot diameter terra cotta lion heads were in deteriorated condition due to corroding steel support columns behind, requiring full restoration. MA implemented a restoration program to restore the existing steel columns without disrupting the beautiful exterior terra cotta cornice. The building is a historic landmark in the City of Chicago, Illinois.
MA provided the following services:
- Inspection and Integral Restoration plan for Historic, Landmarked Cornice Construction Documents
- Bidding and Construction Administration
- Design replacement window system for Historic Committee Review
- Restoration of the exterior wood windows
- Inspection Reporting to local Building Department
We want to hear from you! We are always available for your next project and we will exceed your expectations.